Storyboard


    Storyboarding










     My experience with storyboarding was fun, but also hard. Drawing the characters out and their actions kept me entertained. When I was filling in the boxes below the picture, I felt super pressured to fill up each box. For example, the sound box. I felt as though each picture had to have a sound or music. Also, filming is going to be hard for me. The author O’Brien says, “Filmmaking is, however, a complex and time-consuming activity which requires careful planning and organization to make sure both you and your students get the most out of it.” This will be a long and lengthy filming process considering I'm doing a view from each gender. With the help of my storyboard, I can visualize my thoughts to make them come to life. I learned that you have to plan before taking action. It would have been hard to make this film on the fly without any planning. Now that I see how much I have for my film, I definitely needed a storyboard. The author Higgins stated, “When you put ideas on storyboards, you begin to see interconnections - you see how one idea relates to another. You begin to see how all the pieces fit together.” My ideas came to life from seeing the bigger picture. They became interconnected once I saw the similarities. Many of my pictures started to make more sense once I added more scenes. From making this storyboard, I learned that there are many ways to start a project, but story boarding seems like the easiest. I can see everything I'm working with and what part it plays in the bigger picture. 

Comments