Peer Pitch & Concept Refinement Chart

 

AICE Media Studies AS 

Portfolio Project Concept Refinement 

Fall 2020 

CATEGORY 

DETAILS 

Film OR Magazine 

Film 

Genre 

Adventure (comedy or drama) 

Target Audience (Be specific) 

Teens and parents of teens 

What is your concept? (Be thorough & specific. Review the links on Blackboard) 

Allow viewers to feel like they are in the teen's shoes. I want to capture the day in the life of a teen. They will be going to school and the audience will watch the day unfold. I'm hoping to make it clear of what truly goes on.  Only teens will understand what truly goes on in a day. Even at that, every person's day is different, and everyone isn't the same. 

How did you conceive the idea for this concept? 

It just popped in my head. Many adventure movies involve some type of journey. They each have a goal or object that they are trying to reach. In my case, the goal is to survive a day at school.  

What do you believe is unique about your concept? 

I feel like no one has thought of “surviving the day” or like displaying the challenges of school. There are other movies about things that happen in school, but not the challenges of a school day. 

Why do you believe this product will be of interest to your audience? 

It can help other teens see that they face the same struggles as other teens. Also, to show parents that teens have a lot on their shoulders in the present day. This can connect teens since they know each other is struggling. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

FEEDBACK RECEIVED FROM PEERS 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Add comedy- truly make it adventure 

  • Farris Buellers day off- skipping school 

  • Serious aspect- drama 

  • Add comedy to make it relatable 

  • Character or group in pursuit of something- I was thinking of having a male perspective and female perspective for my movie. 

  • If adventure, there needs to be quest 

  • Pick drama or comedy 

  • I feel like have two routes, both of which are appealing. Which do you think I should choose? 

 

11/16/20- period 1 William Moragne 

 

 

 

I thought that the feedback I received was very helpful. I thought that the work and concept I came up with was perfect and didn’t need any critiquing. After presenting it to the class, I saw that my concept wasn’t clear to anyone outside and in my head it sounded better. This feedback did impact my vision because I had to step back and step in an outsider's point of view. I was told that my concept didn’t fit the genre of adventure and I needed to add comedy or drama. If I wanted to use my concept, it could play out in two different ways. I could make it more of a drama of the high school experience, or I could do a comedic side of what the day truly entails. 


I had to realize that if I want this movie to be seen and want to capture the viewer's eye. I don’t want them to lose interest. For example, “While going through meaningful experiences, viewers may become aware of rather discomforting facts of the human condition or their private lives. They may understand that life is fleeting and imperfect, destructive, chaotic, and far from any theoretical ideal. In other words, people may gain clarity about some sobering facts about the human condition that likely induce negative affect.” I want the viewers to understand the life. This quote helps back up my reasoning with my whole concept since the genre I chose to pick is common and popularMovies like this are becoming increasingly normal and favored by many audiences. Even though box office sales have dropped drastically from 2019 to 2020 due to COVID-19, people are binge watching movies at home. I appreciated the feedback I received because this helped me change my idea. I needed to think this through a little more to make this movie worthy to be watched. I didn’t receive too much backlash on my idea, meaning that it is plausible. I am choosing to do drama. I feel like I can produce drama better than a comedy. With comedy you have to get laughs, and I don’t know if I can do that with my particular idea. 

Comments