Creativity & Genre
When doing any task, there is a process involved. It may be planned or may not be planned. When facing a new challenge or obstacle, you have to get the task accomplished. There are a million ways to get the same task done. In situations like this, you need creativity. For example, the author says, “Creative self-efficacy typically refers to our confidence to perform creatively on a particular task (or set of broader activities) in a particular situation and is influenced by a host of other factors, including our physiological and psychological state, the social situation, and the task at hand.” Many people have creative self-efficacy and don’t even realize it. When we do anything a different way than the norm or how we have been told to do something, we are using creative self-efficacy. This is seen when doing a group project or a solo project. When put under pressure, one's creative self-efficacy is decreased since they are being forced into a task and can’t perform well. In the TedTalk, the speaker said “our river of thinking is a massive barrier to innovation and creativity” this is a deeper understanding of our creativity. The analogy is perfect because rivers flow in one direction just like our thinking. Going in one direction limits our ability to step out and think out of the box.
Creativity can be used in some of the most normal situations. It is normal to introduce yourself to someone by the things you enjoy or your personality. In the “New introductions” activity, we had to introduce ourselves through our shoes, clothes, or food we like. I chose to introduce myself through my shoes. I used my shoes as my personality. For example, I put that my black shoes show that I have a simple side to me. I had to think out of the box and become creative. There is only so much shoes say about someone. When they describe how shoes express them, then it makes more sense. From the outside I could think someone wears a shoe because they like it. There are creative ways to go about any situation.
I did research on movies within the genre of adventure. I chose The Peanut Butter Falcon and Life of Pi. The director for the Life of Pi is Ang Lee. Ang Lee has a long history of crating many great movies. Ang Lee is known mostly for his chameleon-like diversity where each film is an entirely different genre and subject from the previous one. However, every choice he makes further refines his singular exploration of the relationship between society and the individual, or outsider. He cohesively works well with Tim Squyres. They have 23 Oscar nominated movies. They have produced movies such as The Hulk to Life of Pi. They are very creative because The Hulk is a very extreme movie compare to Life of Pi. An aspect of their work I want to emulate is their diversity. I want to appeal to a wide range of audiences. They have achieved that successfully because they know each other and their work ethics. They have 23 Oscar nominated movies that come from different categories. There is nothing I would want to execute differently than they did. They have been really successful in their work and haven't failed.
(Tim left, Ang right)
In conclusion, I am choosing to do a movie in the genre of adventure. Adventure is a genre that I enjoy and understand easily. Action movies can be easy to follow, but then there are other times where they can be hard to follow. Adventure can have different outcomes. In the end, a task is accomplished, or something is retrieved. I find this mesmerizing. I am planning on doing a movie about a kid who goes on an adventure to complete a day of school and their struggles. I want to show all the thoughts and things that a kid does in a school day.
Comments
Post a Comment